Podcast with Martha
Listen to this podcast in which Martha discusses an effective communication method that families living with autism can use. Martha answers the following questions:
- What are some of the everyday problems of living with autism?
- What is the TAGteach method of communication?
- What is a common issue that autism families face that can be addressed with the TAGteach method?
- How does TAGteach fix this problem?
- What advice do you have for other families out there that may be dealing with some of the same things you had to?
Thanks to the National PR Firm, Annie Jennings PR for recording this podcast. Annie is the Creator of JenningsWire, an online magazine that features a diverse community of talented bloggers.
Martha’s Rules for teaching a child with autism using TAGteach
Rule #1: Only ask my child to do what he is capable of doing.
Rule #2: Only ask my child to do something for the length of time that he is capable of doing it.
Rule #3: Monitor his emotional reactions carefully.
Rule #4: Mark and reinforce lavishly all good behaviors.
Rule #5: Give a treat every time I mark a behavior (regardless of whatever subsequent behavior is occurring)