I welcome guest posts to my blog. The purpose of this blog is to shine a spotlight on scientific methods, and to help autism families use these methods to teach their children and offer them as many behavioral choices as possible. I am also interested in new scientific findings related to autism. I think it is very important for autism families to focus their efforts on scientifically based approaches. Another topic of great interest to me is the future for autistic adults as they age out of the support system (such as it is) that is available for children only.
I request that articles on my blog provide specific help for parents. I will accept articles that deal with the following topics:
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Verbal Behavior Therapy (VB)
- Teaching with Acoustical Guidance (TAGteach)
- Direct Instruction
- Precision Teaching
- Helpful tips for making daily life easier
- Helpful tips for teaching any specific behavior
- Helpful tips for parents of toddlers, school-age children, older teens and adults with autism
- Opportunities, programs and supports for adults with autism
A parent reading your article should be inspired to go and try what you have described.
There are many wonderful and lovely blogs that contain articles describing life with autism, anecdotes or personal experiences. If you wish to submit this type of article please be sure that it falls into one the categories listed above. I will only be able to accept articles that provide specific helpful tips.
How to Set Up Your Profile
- Click on “Subscribe to this Blog”
- Enter your email address and click on “subscribe”
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling me that you have subscribed and you wish to be a guest blogger
- I will send you a welcome email to let you know that your account is activated. It is possible that this may take a day or two, so please be patient.
- After you get the welcome email you can login and update your profile by taking the following steps:
- Click on this link to login: https://autismchaostocalm.com/wp-admin
- Enter your username (this will be your email address without the @ sign. For example email@example.com username will be susangmail.com)
- Enter the password tagteacher123
- Click on “Profile” from the choices on the left
- Change your password once you are logged in
- Add a profile picture – this is mandatory. Readers want to see who you are!
- Include any other information that you wish to include
- Be sure to click on “Update Profile” at the bottom of the screen
- If you wish to claim Google authorship for your articles (read this article to see why this would benefit you), do the following:
- Go to your Google Plus account and login (if you don’t have a gmail account – you can sign up for one just so that you can claim ownership of your articles and have your picture show up in search results)
- Right click on the URL and choose copy
- Come back to your profile on this blog and paste the Google+ URL into the Google URL field in your profile here (right click on the field entry box and choose paste)
- Be sure to click on “Update Profile” at the bottom of the screen.
Whew! Congratulations! You are now a guest blogger and if you did step 6 your photo will show up in Google search results for any articles that you post here.
How to Submit an Article
- Write your article in Word or other word processor.
- Proofread it.
- Check the word count. Please try to keep it between 500-1000 words.
- Login to this blog using your username (your email address without the @ symbol) and your password (click on forgot password if you need a password reset).
- Choose “Posts” from the menu on the left.
- Choose “New Post”
- Copy your post from the Word file to the blog.
- If you are familiar with WordPress, go ahead and format your article. We use the “Heading 3” style for headings. If you are not familiar with WordPress, don’t worry about the formatting, we will fix it up for you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that your article is ready for formatting.
- If you have a picture to go with the article, please include it. If you are not familiar with WordPress, please just email the picture to email@example.com and we will put it in for you. If you don’t provide a picture we will use a stock photo that goes with the article.
- Save your post as a draft. If you want to see what it is going to look like, you can click on the Preview button at the to top right of the “Publish” area to the right of the post entry window.
- I will review your article, fix up any formatting issues, add the photo and publish it. If I have any major edits to suggest I will ask you to review it again before it is published.
- I will publish the article and send you a link via email when this is done.
- If you have any problems at all with this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joan at 877-350-3232 (we are on Eastern Time).
Reciprocal Posts and Promotion of Posts
I would love to submit an article of mine to your blog in return. This could be a unique article, or you can choose from among the articles already posted on my blog. Please send me an email if you would like me to provide a guest article for you blog.
I will promote your article on my blog, and my article on your blog through Facebook and Twitter and I would love it if you could do the same.